26th February, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Perfect for the time poor manager, the highly interactive HR in a day equips busy line managers with the HR basics, to navigate the pitfalls across the employee lifecycle.
The workshop will minimise the pain of managing challenging employees and provide practical tools.
If you are tendering for large projects we will also cover the HR basics, that as a minimum you should have in place to support completion of your PQQ.
Dip in or dip out, managers can attend either the morning or afternoon session. Or the full day if they want to eat the HR elephant in one go!
Who Should Attend?
Business owners, supervisors & middle managers
Session 1 (9.00am Registration, 9.30am until 12.30pm
- recruit within the law, discrimination and GDPR how not to fall foul
- which contract to use? Understanding employment status and why it matters
- getting the basics right, which policies and why
- avoiding induction crisis, best practice inductions
Lunch (a light lunch will be provided between 12.30pm and 1.30pm)
Session 2 (1.00pm Registration, 1.30pm until 4.30pm
- managing employees during the probationary period
- dealing confidently with difficult conversations
- dismissing an employee with less than 2 years’ service
Please note: This programme is limited to a maximum 12 delegates, and based on previous demand we anticipate demand will be high.
Who We Are
Enscite is a three-year collaboration between the University of Derby, Aston University and Derby City Council to support businesses in the planes, trains and automobile sectors to improve their productivity to facilitate growth and competitive advantage. It is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
Company Eligibility Criteria
This workshop is for companies with:
- Under 250 employees
- Turnover not exceeding €50 million
- Trading office located in the D2N2 LEP area
- A business that is part of the Planes, Trains and Automobiles Supply Chain
Unfortunately Statutory Provision or Under 18’s are not eligible.
We acknowledge there are many challenges within our sectors both now, and in the years ahead, and we recognise the need to be prepared, build on our strengths and extend excellence into our future. Enscite events are consequently ideal opportunities to learn, network and share industry knowledge
To register your interest in this workshop, please complete the booking form.